Associate – Patent Attorney
- Posted:2 July 2019
- Location:Pretoria, South Africa
Spoor & Fisher has a vacancy for an Associate in its Patent Department. The Associate will be responsible for the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent and registered design applications in South Africa and abroad. A patent attorney specialising in mechanical, electrical, electronic, mechatronic or similar engineering fields will be ideal for this position.
Qualifications & Experience
- A formal qualification, preferably a BSc Engineering or BEng degree, in mechanical, mechatronic, electrical, electronic or similar engineering field
- An LLB degree
- Articles within the Patent practice of an IP Law Firm
- Admission as an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Registration as a Patent Attorney with the Patent Board of the South African Institute of Intellectual Law
- Experience in running a patent attorney practice with a particular focus on the drafting of patent specifications and the prosecution of applications locally and abroad
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Deadline oriented and able to work under pressure
- Multi-tasking and prioritising
- Analytical thinking and logical reasoning ability
- Tenacity and grit
- Goal-driven and willingness to work towards achieving the goals
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with Spoor & Fisher’s Transformation Policy.
Click here to apply.