- Posted:1 August 2019
- Location:Jersey (Channel Islands)
Please note that this position is restricted to those with Jersey residential qualifications (5 years minimum) and is not open to overseas candidates.
Spoor & Fisher Jersey helps global brand owners and inventors to protect and enforce their trade mark, patent and design portfolios in Africa and the Caribbean - from providing initial advice on filing strategies to conducting clearance searches, filing and registration and dealing with post-registration matters such as renewing trade marks, patents and designs, recording changes in ownership and handling trade mark assignments and licences.
We are looking to recruit an audio secretary to provide typing and administration support services to the trade mark prosecution team, and to cover for the litigation audio secretaries as and when required.
You will work under supervision to support our team as follows:
- Provide an accurate typing service (from physical and digital dictation systems) for the trade mark professionals’ correspondence, including the typing of standard as well as technical communication to our clients, third parties and other offices
- Type and prepare legal documents and reports, supporting the litigation team when necessary
- Ensure that the Intellectual Property Management database and electronic files are accurately maintained
- Open new matters and entering the relevant details onto the database
- Perform general office administration duties
- Prepare standard Trade Mark Search Reports and emails, prepare invoices, and update the database
- Process ‘Official Actions’ and ‘Certificates of Registration’ using checklists and standard templates
- Any other responsibility appropriate for the role and grade
- Excellent client service
What we offer in return
- A comprehensive training programme
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Equal opportunities
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact Lily Whitchurch, Human Resources Manager for Spoor & Fisher in Jersey, at email@example.com or by phone at 838071.