IT Support Officer
- Posted:17 May 2021
- Location:Jersey (Channel Islands)
IT Support Officer
Please note that this position is restricted to those with Jersey residential qualifications (5 years minimum) and is not open to overseas candidates.
Spoor & Fisher Jersey helps global brand owners and inventors to protect and enforce their trade mark, patent and design portfolios in Africa and the Caribbean - from providing initial advice on filing strategies to conducting clearance searches, filing and registration and dealing with post-registration matters such as renewing trade marks, patents and designs, recording changes in ownership and handling trade mark assignments and licences.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Officer to assist our IT team to offer technical and troubleshooting assistance to all staff at all levels. You will work under supervision to support our team as follows:
- Provide 1st and 2nd Level IT support to staff
- Ticket, prioritise, categorise and assign tickets in the IT Ticket system
- Ensure reported issues are properly understood and described, updating the ticket where necessary
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level or 3rd party support
- Liaise between the staff and 3rd party support also ensuring any tickets are updated
- Walk staff through problem-solving, visiting their desks whenever possible
- Keep the staff regularly informed of the status of their tickets
- Be prepared to work outside of normal office hours, sometimes with little warning to perform work that cannot be carried out during normal office hours
- Maintain and update the IT Support documentation
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, IT products and services.
- Any other responsibility appropriate for the role and grade
- Computer Literacy - basic to intermediate IT skills
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Good command of the English language
- Work well under pressure
- The ability to organise your own workload
What we offer in return
- A comprehensive training programme
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact Lily Whitchurch, Human Resources Manager for Spoor & Fisher in Jersey, at email@example.com or by phone at 838071.