Trainee Patent Administrator
- Posted:19 July 2019
- Location:Jersey (Channel Islands)
Please note that this position is restricted to those with Jersey residential qualifications and is not open to overseas candidates.
Spoor & Fisher Jersey helps global brand owners and inventors to protect and enforce their trade mark, patent and design portfolios in Africa and the Caribbean - from providing initial advice on filing strategies to conducting clearance searches, filing and registration and dealing with post-registration matters such as renewing trade marks, patents and designs, recording changes in ownership and handling trade mark assignments and licences.
We are looking to recruit a Trainee Patent Administrator to assist our global clients in the preparation and filing of patent and industrial design applications in Africa and the Caribbean and on-going administration of their intellectual property portfolios. You will have access to a full support team of professional staff, including patent attorneys in our South African offices and our associates throughout Africa and the Caribbean.
You will work under supervision to support our patents team as follows:
- Assist in the preparation of patent and industrial design applications, from receipt of client instructions through to the prosecution and grant of their intellectual property rights
- Prepare applications using forms, letters and online filing platforms as appropriate
- Prepare standard filing reports to client and invoices for services rendered
- Process receipts and certificates received from foreign Intellectual Property Offices
- Arrange payment of fees to foreign Intellectual Property Offices where required
- Liaise with our offices in South Africa and other African countries
- Deal with client enquiries on all aspects of filing, prosecution and grant of intellectual Property rights
- Maintain full records and a reliable diary system
- Any other responsibility appropriate for the role and grade
- A conscientious attitude
- An ability to cope under pressure to meet deadlines
- Organisational skills
- Communications skills
- Adaptable IT skills
What we offer in return
- A comprehensive training programme
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Equal opportunities
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact Lily Whitchurch, Human Resources Manager for Spoor & Fisher in Jersey, at email@example.com or by phone at 838071.