Trainee Trade Mark Administrator
- Posted:31 March 2021
- Location:Jersey (Channel Islands)
Please note that this position is restricted to those with Jersey residential qualifications and is not open to overseas candidates.
Spoor & Fisher Jersey helps global brand owners and inventors to protect and enforce their trade mark, patent and design portfolios in Africa and the Caribbean - from providing initial advice on filing strategies to conducting clearance searches, filing and registration and dealing with post-registration matters such as renewing trade marks, patents and designs, recording changes in ownership and handling trade mark assignments and licences.
We are looking to recruit a Trainee Trade Mark Administrator to join our team. You will handle administration work relating to trade mark registration and post-registration matters on behalf of our global clients. The role requires attention to detail as well as good communication skills. To be successful, you will need to multi-task effectively and use your initiative to thrive in a team-orientated environment.
You will work under supervision to support our trade marks team as follows:
Process routine work provided by the trade mark team managers, which includes for example:
- Following client instructions to prepare and file new trade mark-related matters for submission at local trade mark registries in Africa and the Caribbean.
- Reporting to the client regarding the key stages in the progress of a trade mark matter.
- Processing certificates of registration.
- Answering standard enquiries from clients, local trade mark registries, local associates and our local offices.
- Enquiring as to the status of trade mark matters from local trade mark registries, local associates and our local offices.
- Generating invoices and general correspondence.
- Administering and updating our electronic filing system and databases.
- Any other responsibility appropriate for the role and grade.
- Efficient client service
What we offer in return
- Flexible working
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Equal opportunities
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact Lily Whitchurch, Human Resources Manager for Spoor & Fisher in Jersey, at email@example.com or by phone at 838071.