Business Development Project Manager
Are you interested in working in a dynamic growing team of business development professionals – assisting Africa’s leading IP law firm, Spoor & Fisher, to strengthen and grow its client relationships and business?
Spoor & Fisher is seeking a Business Development Project Manager, characterized by a confident individual who can help identify, implement, and drive an array of strategic BD activities. The person should be able to adapt to changing circumstances, demonstrates initiative, be able to manage multiple projects while prioritising work assignments. This is a business facing role and you would be required to work effectively with professional staff and general staff at all levels in the firm and in particular with our 40 South African based partners as well as the firm’s Business Development Manager The role includes project management as well as identification and execution of strategic BD initiatives, and you will serve as both catalyst and facilitator for targeted initiatives.
- To help identify, manage and implement key BD projects, initiatives and campaigns for Spoor and Fisher to grow our engagement with our clients; help strengthen client relationships; and support growth opportunities.
- To be responsible for managing all local and international business trips and conferences including assisting with client briefing notes; meeting preparation; data analysis and performance analysis
- BD project tracking and reporting.
- Assist with research on trends, client and industry developments; competitor activity; and potential opportunities.
Education and Experience
- Potential candidates should be in possession of a BCom Finance or Marketing (with sales focus) degree.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience, ideally in an IP firm, alternatively a general law firm or professional services environment.
- The candidate should ideally have experience in project management; client engagement management; managing the organisation of trips/conferences; experience in designing, developing and implementing key client programmes; as well as experience in general BD analysis.
- Candidates who do not meet all of these requirements but have significant business development experience and drive to succeed are also encouraged to apply.
Key Competencies and Technical Skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to act independently.
- A motivated self-starter who takes initiative and thinks outside the box.
- Action-orientated with a positive ‘can-do approach.’
- A logical thinker who shows ownership.
- Strong organisation and planning skills and demonstrable leadership skills to guide and build relationships.
- Analytical skills, prioritisation skills, project management, experience with Microsoft office tools such as BI, Excel, PPT) and CRM systems. Knowledge of IP systems would be advantageous.