Essential duties and responsibilities
The person in this position will be responsible for all marketing, communications and public relations activities in support of a mid- to large-size legal firm. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and coordinate all marketing staff and activities;
- Formulate and implement marketing and public relations strategies;
- Manage public relations, advertisement, thought leadership, articles, content distribution, sponsorships, PR opportunities, seminars and webinars, newsletters, brochures and professional material
- Manage website, website SEO and social media channels;
- Manage external service providers;
- Track, report and analyse impact of marketing initiatives and projects;
- Analyse competitor activities and performance data;
- Compile proposed marketing budget and manage expenditure;
- Liaise with media;
- Manage internal and external communications, including presentation of feedback to internal and external teams, and communication with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies and costs;
- Plan and coordinate events; and
- Recruit, develop and manage marketing team.
Education and Experience
- Marketing related degree or equivalent professional qualification; and
- Minimum of 7 years’ demonstrable and relevant experience in a service industry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong management, organisation and planning skills and demonstrable leadership skills to guide and manage the marketing team.
- Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns.
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity.
The successful candidate will be a confident individual who can adapt to changing circumstances, demonstrate initiative, is able to manage multiple projects while prioritising work assignments and is able to work well with professional staff and general staff at all levels in the firm.