Trainee Patent Administrator
Please note that this position is restricted to those with Jersey residential qualifications and is not open to overseas candidates.
Spoor & Fisher Jersey helps global brand owners and inventors to protect and enforce their trade mark, patent and design portfolios in Africa and the Caribbean – from providing initial advice on filing strategies to conducting clearance searches, filing and registration and dealing with post-registration matters such as renewing trade marks, patents and designs, recording changes in ownership and handling trade mark assignments and licences.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a niche sector of the legal industry. This dynamic role requires the post-holder to assist our international clients in the preparation and filing of patent and industrial design applications in Africa, the Caribbean and the Middle East, and in the on-going administration of their intellectual property portfolios. The post-holder will work with a full support team of professional staff, including patent attorneys in our South African offices and our associates throughout Africa, Caribbean and the Middle East to meet the intellectual property needs of our clients.
- Assist in the preparation of routine filing/renewal instructions
- Prepare standard forms, fees, documents and payment schedules
- Prepare standard reports and invoices
- Process receipts and certificates
- Maintain a reliable diary system
- Any further duties which are deemed to be reasonable.
- Attention to detail
- A conscientious attitude
- An ability to cope under deadline pressure
- Organisational Skills
- Communications Skills
- Adaptable IT skills
What we offer in return
- Flexible working
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Equal opportunities