Trainee Quotes Administrator
Please note that this position is restricted to those with Jersey residential qualifications (5 years minimum) and is not open to overseas candidates.
Spoor & Fisher Jersey helps global brand owners and inventors to protect and enforce their trade mark, patent and design portfolios in Africa and the Caribbean – from providing initial advice on filing strategies to conducting clearance searches, filing and registration and dealing with post-registration matters such as renewing trade marks, patents and designs, recording changes in ownership and handling trade mark assignments and licences.
This role will form part of our central quotes team, set up to respond to trade mark fee quote enquiries from existing and potential clients from around the world. The post holder will familiarise himself/herself with a large volume of detailed information, and to accumulate and use that knowledge and our systems to respond to basic quotes enquiries. He/she will need to work well under pressure and assist the team in maintaining a high quality day-to-day service.
You will work under supervision to support our quotes team as follows:
- Respond to requests of a straight forward nature, for tariffs, specific quotes and basic filing information from our clients.
- Consult with Directors and Associates (and/or our Managing Director or Chief Operating Officer as appropriate) to determine discounts to be applied to certain quotations.
- Liaise as necessary with staff in our various service lines, providing them with the quotation data to incorporate into their advice on complex and non-standard matters raised by clients.
- Participate in and contribute to regular team meetings.
- Participate in ad hoc projects which arise in respect of pricing and/or tariff matters.
- Provide holiday cover for colleagues in the team.
- Highly computer literate
- Highly numerate
- Initiative, flexibility and adaptability
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
What we offer in return
- Flexible working
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Equal opportunities