Partner, Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Jean McIvor is a Trade Mark Practitioner, holding a BA (Hons), LLB (KZN) and LLB (Cantab). She is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and a Notary Public.
Jean has almost four decades of experience in domestic and international trade mark registration and searches, trade mark portfolio management, and the registration of copyright in cinematograph films. She is a specialist trade mark attorney who acts for various local and international clients.
- Associate Member – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Listed – Who’s Who Legal Trademark editions, 2011-2021
- Listed – WTR 1000, 2015-2021
- Listed – Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars, 2015-2021
- Ranked – Legal 500 EMEA, 2017 and 2019-2021
- Listed – Euromoney’s Expert Guides: Trade Marks, 2018 – 2021
- Listed – Euromoney’s Expert Guides: Women in Business Law, 2018 – 2021
- Best Lawyers – Intellectual Property Law: South Africa, 2011-2022
- Examiner for the comparative study of international trademark laws and systems: SAIIPL