Head of Business Development, Spoor & Fisher, Cape Town
Stephanie is a business development professional with a diverse career journey. Having worked as a copywriter and then practised as a trade mark attorney, she has a keen understanding of intellectual property law and is able to communicate clearly and effectively. She aims to use her unique skill set and passion for fostering genuine connections to continue expanding the firm’s business horizons.
Stephanie has a BA in Language and Culture from Stellenbosch University, a post-graduate Copywriting Diploma from AAA School of Advertising and a graduate LLB from the University of Cape Town.
She is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and a qualified Trade Mark Practitioner.
- Fellow –South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Author: ‘Expropriation or Deprivation: The Effect of Proposed Tobacco Plain Packaging Legislation on South African Intellectual Property Rights’ – South African Intellectual Property Law Journal (2016)
- Author: ‘Copyright 101 for Creatives’ – Without Prejudice (2017)
- Part-time law lecturer: Design Time School of Interior Design (2018-2022)