Partner, Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Stephen Goldberg is a leading Trade Mark Attorney with a BProc and LLB from the University of the Witwatersrand. He is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and Namibia.
Stephen has well over three decades of experience in domestic and international trade mark registration, searches and domain name disputes. He acts for a number of local and internationally listed blue-chip companies.
Stephen practises in both South Africa and Namibia, assisting clients throughout Africa and in many other countries worldwide.
- Associate – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Member – Corporate Counsel Association of South Africa (CCASA)
- Ranked – Legal 500 EMEA, 2011 and 2019 – present
- Listed – WTR 1000, 2015-2016 and 2018 – present
- Listed – Who’s Who Legal: Trademarks, 2016-2021
- Best Lawyers – Intellectual Property Law: South Africa, 2022
- Lecturer and Examiner on trade mark prosecution: SAIIPL, 2003-2008
- Editor of INTA Bulletin for Law and Practice (two terms)
- Author of INTA Bulletin, Country Reports; Oxford University Press “Overlapping Intellectual Property Rights”, 1st edition, National Comparison Tables
- Speaker at INTA Conference in Africa, 2016