Director, Spoor & Fisher, Jersey
Chris is a Director of Spoor & Fisher Jersey and head of the trade mark litigation and anti-counterfeiting practice. He has an LLB degree and is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
Chris has over two decades of experience advising clients on trade mark matters across Africa and the Caribbean. He specialises in international trade mark litigation including advertising objections, company name objections, domain name disputes, copyright infringement, unlawful competition, passing off and anti-counterfeiting.
He also handles international trade mark filing, registration and prosecution matters. His client portfolio includes, among others, global brand owners from the food & beverage, pharmaceutical, fashion and oil & gas industry sectors.
- Member – International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member – INTA Indigenous Rights Committee
- Speaker at the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) and Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) anti-counterfeiting seminar in Tokyo, 2020
- Article, co-author ‘Victory for foreign brand owners’, World Trademark Review, 2018
- Article, ‘Africa steps up fight against counterfeits’, Managing Intellectual Property, 2017
- Article, ‘Can a Foreign trade mark really trump a local one?’, Managing Intellectual Property , 2016
- Regular contributor to Managing Intellectual property – MIP International briefings – Africa section
- Regular contributor to World Trademark Review – Africa section