Partner, Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Danie Pienaar is a Patent Attorney and has a BEng (Elec) cum laude and an LLB. He is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
Danie has close to a decade of experience in drafting patent specifications, particularly in the fields of electronic and computer related inventions. He assists with filing and prosecuting local and foreign patent applications and industrial designs, and specialises in drafting commercial agreements relating to intellectual property.
Danie advises on competition law issues, specifically in relation to horizontal and vertical agreements, as well as the interface between competition law and intellectual property.
- Fellow – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Co-author of the South African chapter of Unfair Trading Practices (Kluwer Law International), 2016
- Lecturer on patenting software and business methods: Stellenbosch University, 2015-present
- Lecturer on patents and know-how: WIPO Summer School, 2015-present