Partner, Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Dina is a Patent Attorney with BSc (Physics), BSc (Elec Eng) and LLB degrees. She is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
Dina has close to two decades of experience in commercial transactions relating to intellectual property. This includes licensing, manufacturing, supply and distribution, technology transfer and collaboration agreements, transaction and investment structuring and related agreements, public-private transactions, ventures and collaborations, IP audits, due diligence and valuation.
She is also proficient in domestic and international patent and design matters, specifically patent specification drafting and the prosecution of patent applications.
- Member – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member – Licensing Executive Society (LES) and a certified trainer for LES South Africa
- Member – Southern African Research and Innovation Management Association (SARIMA)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Listed – Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars, 2015-2021
- Listed – IAM’s World’s Leading Practitioners, 2012-2021
- Top 250 Women in IP – Managing Intellectual Property, 2017
- 2020 DSI/SARIMA Award for Distinguished Contribution to Innovation Management
- Best Lawyers – Intellectual Property Law: South Africa, 2022
- Author of the Commercial Considerations chapter of Dean & Dyer: Intellectual Property Law in South Africa (Oxford University Press), 2014
- Contributor to Thomson Reuters IP in Business Transactions Global Guide, 2017
- Author of Patents and Franchising, Getting the Deal Through
- Lecturer and examiner on international treaties and conventions: Patent Examination Board, 2015-2019
- Director of the Licensing Executive Society of South Africa, 2013-2018
- Regular speaker on the commercialisation of IP, particularly through licensing, leveraging IP value, and the implications of legislation on publicly-financed IP at public sector events