Partner, Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Dina is a Patent Attorney with BSc (Physics), BSc (Elec Eng) and LLB degrees. She is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
Qualified in 2002, Dina has over two decades of experience, primarily in commercial transactions relating to intellectual property, including licensing, manufacturing, supply and distribution, technology transfer and collaboration agreements, transaction and investment structuring and related agreements, public-private transactions, ventures and collaborations, IP audits, due diligence and IP valuation.
She is also proficient in domestic and international patent and design matters, specifically patent specification drafting and the prosecution of patent applications.
- Fellow – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member – Licensing Executive Society (LES) and a certified trainer for LES South Africa
- Member – Southern African Research and Innovation Management Association (SARIMA)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Chambers Global – Intellectual Property: South Africa, 2022-present
- The Legal 500 – Intellectual Property: South Africa, 2022-present
- Best Lawyers – Intellectual Property: South Africa, 2022-present
- World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000 – Transactions, 2022-present
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars – Patent, 2015-present
- IAM Patent 1000, 2012-present
- DSI/SARIMA Award for Distinguished Contribution to Innovation Management, 2020
- Top 250 Women in IP – Managing Intellectual Property, 2017
- Author of IP in Business Transactions (South Africa), Global Guide, Thomson Reuters, 2017-present;
- Author of Franchising (South Africa), Getting the Deal Through, Lexology, 2019-present;
- Author of Distribution Q&A: South Africa, Practical Law, Thomson Reuters, 2020-present;
- Author of the Commercial Considerations for Transactions Involving IP, chapter of Dean & Dyer: Intellectual Property Law in South Africa (Oxford University Press), 2014;
- Lecturer and examiner on International Treaties and Conventions: Patent Examination Board, 2015-present;
- Director of the Licensing Executive Society of South Africa, 2013-2018;
- Regular speaker on the commercialisation of IP, particularly through licensing, leveraging IP value, and the implications of legislation on publicly-financed IP.