Director, Spoor & Fisher, Jersey
Duncan is a Director of Spoor & Fisher Jersey. He has an LLB degree and is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
Duncan is a trade mark and copyright lawyer with 17 years of experience advising clients on trade mark and copyright matters across Africa and the Caribbean. He specialises in international trade mark litigation including advertising objections, company name objections, domain name disputes, copyright infringement, unlawful competition, passing off and anti-counterfeiting.
He also handles international trade mark filing, registration and prosecution matters. His client portfolio includes, among others, global brand owners from the food & beverage, finance, pharmaceutical, fashion and oil & gas industry sectors.
- Member – International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Speaker at the MIP Global Trademark Roadshow 2017 in New York and Palo Alto
- Article, ‘COVID-19: Will your brand be a hero or a zero in Africa?’, World Trademark Review, 2020
- Article, co-author ‘Trademark licensing in Africa: an A-Z whistle-stop tour’, World Trademark Review, 2019
- Article, co-author ‘Counterfeiting in Africa: an A-Z guide’, World Trademark Review, 2018
- Article, co-author ‘Victory for foreign brand owners’, World Trademark Review, 2018
- Regular contributor to Managing Intellectual property – MIP International briefings – Africa section
- Regular contributor to World Trademark Review – Africa section