Partner, Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Herman Blignaut is a Trade Mark Practitioner with an LLB (cum laude). He is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and a Notary Public.
Herman has 17 years of experience in trade mark, copyright and unlawful competition litigation, including trade mark oppositions, trade mark and copyright infringement, domain names, company and close corporation name objections, trade mark searches and prosecution.
He is also a regular contributor to industry publications.
- Fellow – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Band 3 – Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers, 2016-2021
- Listed – World Trade Review 1000, 2021 and 2022
- Author of South African chapter: Cross-Border Copyright Licensing – Law and Practice, 2018
- Author of South African chapter: Copyright Litigation, 2010 and 2015
- Author of copyright chapter in Dean & Dyer: Introduction to Intellectual Property Law (Oxford University Press), 2014
- Author of Registered Design & Trade Mark Protection: The Comparative Law Yearbook of International Business (Centre for International Legal Studies), 2006
- Contributor of numerous articles to various publications, including Intellectual Property magazine and Without Prejudice, 2007-2018
- Lecturer and examiner on copyright law and practice: SAIIPL, 2007-2018
- Speaker at various international conferences, including Innovation Summit, SARIMA Conference and INTA Table Topic, 2009-2014