Partner, Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Mohamed Khader is a Partner at Spoor & Fisher, specialising in anti-counterfeiting, copyright and trade mark law, with a special emphasis on litigation. He has a BProc and LLB from the University of Kwazulu-Natal and is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
With almost two decades of experience, Mohamed heads the firm’s anti-counterfeiting unit.
He has played a prominent role in the development of anti-counterfeiting practices and procedures in South Africa and has presented numerous seminars to Customs and Excise officials, members of the South African Police Services (SAPS), and state prosecutors employed by the National Prosecuting Authority.
- Fellow – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Trade Mark Star – Managing Intellectual Property IP STARS, 2015-2021
- Listed – WTR 1000, 2014-2021
- Co-author of South African Borderwatch Country Report
- Author of counterfeit goods chapter, 1st edition of Dean & Dyer: Introduction to Intellectual Property Law (Oxford University Press), 2014
- Lecturer on anti-counterfeiting for LLM students: Stellenbosch University