Partner, Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Reinard Krüger is a Trade Mark and Copyright Attorney with LLB and LLM cum laude degrees. He is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and a Notary Public.
Reinard has spent the past nine years specialising in the enforcement of IP rights. This includes trade mark infringement and prosecution, passing-off, unlawful competition matters, trade mark oppositions, copyright opinions and litigation, company name objections and domain name disputes.
He has experience in foodstuffs and cosmetic labelling complaints, as well as in the enforcement of anti-counterfeiting, with a focus on anti-counterfeiting in Africa.
- Council Member – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Interpol brand identification training across Africa, 2014-2019
- IP training at the Johannesburg Chambers of Commerce and Industry, 2019
- Guest lecturer on IP law: Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Studies, 2019-2022
- Guest speaker on IP Law: Tshwane University of Technology, 2016
- Keynote speaker: National Small Business Chamber, 2019
- Author of article on New Industrial Property Code in Mozambique, in MIP – Africa, 2016
- TV interviews: NSBC, Business Day, CNBC Africa, 2019
- Author of various articles for World Trademark Review, 2017-2018
- Author of Trade Marks, Trade Names and Unfair Competition, in World Law and Practice: Release 62 (Lesotho), 2017
- Co-author of Chapter 91 Laws of South Africa with commentary chapter, World Intellectual Property Rights and Remedies (Centre for International Legal Studies), 2016
- Guest lecturer on IP law: University of Pretoria Intellectual Property Centre, 2022