Salomé Le Roux
Senior Associate, Spoor & Fisher, Cape Town
Salomé le Roux is a Trade Mark Attorney with LLB (cum laude) and LLM (IP) degrees. She is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and a qualified Trade Mark Practitioner.
Salomé has more than a decade of IP experience. Her practice is focused on trade mark, copyright and unlawful competition litigation. This includes trade mark oppositions and cancellation, trade mark and copyright infringement, unlawful competition, company name and domain name objections, advertising complaints and online IP enforcement.
Salomé also deals with trade mark searches and registrations, both in South Africa and internationally. Additionally, she provides expert counsel on effective trade mark portfolio management strategies to clients.
- Member – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – International Trade Mark Association (INTA) Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee (2024/2025)
- Member – Cape Law Society
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Co-author of “Copyright Reform or Reframe” e-book published by Juta
- IP training at National Workshops on Investigating and Prosecuting IP Crime for Senior Law Enforcement Official (CIPC/WIPO initiative) 2018 and 2019
- Guest lectures in Entertainment Law at Open Window (2015 – 2017)