Partner, Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Shamin Raghunandan is a Trade Mark Practitioner with an LLB degree from the University of KwaZulu-Natal. She is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and a Notary Public.
With over a decade of experience, Shamin specialises in domestic and international trade mark law, trade mark clearance searches, filing and prosecuting trade mark applications and trade mark portfolio management.
She has specific expertise in counselling and assisting clients with planning and obtaining trade mark protection throughout Africa.
- Fellow – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – Black Lawyers’ Association (BLA)
- Member – International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Contributor to INTA’s Trade Dress Image Library, 2008
- Author of Trade Mark chapters in respect of Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland: Katzarov’s Manual on Industrial Property, since 2010
- Contributor to Lexology: Trademark rights and protection in South Africa, since 2018
- Author of Trade Mark chapters in respect of Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland: Kluwer’s Manual IP, since 2010
- Author of Chapter 63: The Singapore Treaty on Law of Trade Marks (Centre for International Legal Studies), 2021
- Contributor to International Pharmaceutical Law and Practice Kleyn & van Wyk (LexisNexis), published by Matthew Bender Elite Products” since 2016
- Author of Global Pharma Survey on the assessment of similarity of trade marks in the pharmaceutical and medical sectors, 2017
- Writer of numerous articles in industry publications, including Without Prejudice, GQ magazine, INTA Bulletin, World Trade Mark Law Report
- Lecturer on trade mark law and practice: SAIIPL, since 2019
- Regular speaker at conferences, including My Business Expo, China Trademark Festival and INTA Trademark Administrators and Practitioners Meeting