Partner, Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Shanaaz Mahomed is a Patent Attorney. She has BSc (Bot, Biochem, Chem), BJuris and LLB degrees, and is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
Shanaaz has over two decades of experience in the prosecution of South African national phase patent applications. She specialises in the filing of amendment applications at the South African patent office, dealing specifically with patent matters in the pharmaceutical, chemical and biochemical fields.
- President – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Board member – Patent Examination Board
- Chairperson – Patent Examination Board (2015-2017)
- Observer – Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- Member – GATS
- Business Woman’s Regional Achiever Award, 2007
- First South African black female Patent Attorney, 2005