Partner, Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Tertia Beharie is a Patent Attorney with BSc (Hons) Chem and LLB degrees. She is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
Her 11 years of experience have covered domestic and international patent matters, including the preparation and prosecution of patent applications. Specialising in filing applications in the chemical, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, agrochemical, metallurgical and biochemical fields, Tertia also deals with biodiversity and traditional knowledge issues.
Tertia handles patent and design applications received from abroad, as well as the prosecution of domestic patent and design applications.
- Fellow – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – Southern African Research and Innovation Management Association (SARIMA)
- Member – International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Listed – Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars, 2015-2021
- Influential Women in IP – World IP Review, 2021
- Author of the traditional knowledge chapter of Dean & Dyer: Intellectual Property Law in South Africa (Oxford University Press), 2014