Louis van Wyk
Consultant , Spoor & Fisher, Pretoria
Louis van Wyk is a Trade Mark Practitioner with BA and LLB degrees and a Dip (Int Law). He is an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
Louis has over four decades of experience in all aspects of IP matters, including domestic and international copyright, entertainment law, media law, advertising objections, unlawful competition, passing off, company name objections and domain name disputes. Louis is also a former partner of Spoor & Fisher.
Acting for and consulting to several local and international listed companies, Louis specialises in IP litigation, copyright law, and constitutional issues relating to freedom of speech and product liability, as well as pharmaceutical law, agricultural law, space law and international trade law.
- Fellow – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)
- Member – International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member – American Bar Association (ABA)
- Member – International Law Association (ILA)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Co-author of the South African chapter of International Execution against Judgement Debtors (Sweet & Maxwell), 1993
- Co-author of the South African chapter of International Intellectual Property Law (The Centre for International Studies)
- Co-author of the South African chapter of International Intellectual Property Law (John Wiley & Sons)
- Co-author of the South African chapter of Copyright Infringement (Kluwer Law International), 2018
- Author of the South African chapter of Warranties and Disclaimers (Kluwer Law International), 2002
- Co-editor of International Pharmaceutical Law and Practice (LexisNexis), 2004